Key West fishing charter boats: flats fishing, back country fishing, offshore fishing, deep sea fishing: sport fishing, fishing tournaments, fish for your dinner!
Saltwater fishing licenses are sold at all county tax collectors' offices and at many bait-and-tackle shops. Licenses may
also be obtained over the telephone 1-888-347-4356 and also over the Internet at MyFWC.com/Marine. An additional fee is
charged for these services.
When applying for a saltwater recreational fishing license, you are considered to be a Florida resident if you are:
Any person who has resided in Florida for six continuous months prior to applying for a resident license and who claims
Florida as their primary residence.
Any member of the US Armed Forces who is stationed in this state.
You do not need a License if you are:
- Any child under 16 years of age.
- A Florida resident saltwater fishing for recreational purposes from land or a structure fixed to the land - a pier,
bridge, dock, floating dock, jetty or similar structure.
- Fishing from a for-hire vessel - guide, charter, party boat - that has a valid vessel license.
- A holder of a valid saltwater products license
- A Florida resident - 65 years old or older and you possess either a Resident Senior Citizen Hunting and Fishing
Certificate or proof of age and residency.
- A Florida resident who is a member of the US Armed Forces, who is not stationed in this state, while on leave for 30
day or less, upon submission of orders. This does not include family members.
- Any person who has been accepted as a client for development services by the Department of Children and Family
Services, provided the department furnished proof thereof.
- A nonresident fishing for recreational purposes from a pier that has a valid pier saltwater fishing license.
- Fishing from a boat that has a valid recreational vessel fishing license.
- A Florida resident who is fishing for mullet in freshwater with a valid Florida freshwater fishing license.
- A Florida resident fishing for saltwater fish in freshwater for land or a structure fixed to land.
- A Florida resident certified as totally and permanently disabled, who possesses a Florida Resident Disable Person
Hunting and Fishing Certificate.
Above information from:
Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission
Division of Marine Fisheries
|Florida Keys businesses cater to tourists. Please help us support our local Keys businesses by your patronage.
Florida Keys Small Businesses Thank You!